Thursday, May 31, 2012

Roasted Garlic Dip

So I'm not gonna lie. I feel super proud of myself with this one.


This dip was an I'm-craving-garlic-and-cheese-spread-all-over-a-cracker-somehow-and-I-want-it-right-now kind of concoction.


I happen have a thing for cheese and garlic. You're probably sick of hearing me say that, but the truth is...I can't go a day without eating cheese and/or garlic in some way or another.

So the other day I roasted a head of garlic... you know... just because.

But then I didn't know what to do with it.

I seriously considered just smearing the garlic on crackers. But I happen to love my husband. And I just so happen to love being married...

I have a feeling he wouldn't stick around for... that.

So naturally I felt it should be mixed with cheese somehow. I took inspiration from my Parmesan Artichoke Dip, only nixing a bunch of ingredients and all that wait time.

I wanted my dip now! or then.. or whatever. I didn't want to bake it.

Here's my disclaimer: When I made this dip I tossed a little of this and a little of that... I didn't measure anything out.

I do have a very good idea of the quantities of ingredients I used, but just know that this is made "to taste." You can't wreck it. Follow my basic guidelines and if you feel it needs more cheese of
something...then just add it!

Roasted Garlic Dip

Ingredients:
1/2 cup of sour cream
1/2 cup mayo
1 head of roasted garlic
1/4 cup shredded parmesan
3/4 cup mozzarella
Salt and pepper, a pinch
Red pepper flakes, a dash or two

Directions:
After removing the garlic cloves from the papers, smash them with a fork. Mix all of the ingredients in a  bowl and microwave for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is completely melty. Serve with crackers.

I found that this dip is delicious served hot AND delicious served chilled. The flavors become stronger the longer it chills.


I'd like to say that I didn't eat the entire batch of dip by myself...


1 comment:

Thank you so much for reading this post. Now tell me what you think!!