Thursday, May 10, 2012

Asian Ground Beef

I'm always looking for different recipes that use ground beef. I feel like ground beef is often times so...blah. Spaghetti, hamburgers, tacos...blah blah blah.


Those meals are normal -- thoughtless even. Don't get me wrong...those meals are on my dinner table more often than not. But sometimes I want my ground beef to be different.

Give me some variety!


Well here it is. I found a ground beef recipe that isn't your everyday meal.

I found this recipe on pinterest, but didn't have every ingredient on hand. So I just adapted it to my tastes. It turned out really good!

Just brown some beef (with lots of garlic of course.) Sauté the beef with the sauce. Serve over rice. (I kind of stink at making rice so I buy those "steam in the microwave" bags. So worth it.)

And hey, why not toss some cilantro on top. Who says you can't have it all? 

Asian Ground Beef

Ingredients:
1 lb ground beef
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup teriyaki sauce
3 cloves of garlic, minced
1 tsp fresh ginger, minced
1 tsp crushed red pepper
salt and pepper
cilantro (optional)

Directions:
In a large skillet, brown hamburger with garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Drain the fat and then add brown sugar, teriyaki, ginger, and red pepper. (I mixed up the sauce before adding it to the beef.) Simmer for a few minutes to blend the flavors. Serve over rice and top with cilantro.

Adapted from: Lizzy Writes

This should be your new everyday meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading this post. Now tell me what you think!!