Thursday, May 17, 2012

Scrambled Egg and Sweet Potato Breakfast Burritos

I've never been much of a breakfast person.


When I was a kid my dad was mildly obsessed with buffets. If we ever went out to eat it had to be a buffet. Most often: Big Boy. And on that note, side story:

We always, ALWAYS vacationed. More specifically we almost always went to or through Tennessee. And on those trips we ALWAYS ate at Shoney's. 

And I don't mean we patronized one Shoney's during our trip to satisfy a sense of nostalgia. 

No. 
We ate EVERY SINGLE MEAL at Shoney's. Why? 
Reason #1: My dad.
Reason #2: Buffet. 

By the end of the trip my mom and sister and I would have rather eaten gum off the ground than eat at another Shoney's. 


Okay, back to breakfast.

So as a kid, whenever we went out to breakfast I would always order two things and two things only: bacon and hash browns. (Honestly what more could you want?) The hash browns would be completely doused in ketchup, and the bacon would be picked apart until every last ounce of squishy bacon fat was completely removed. My dad was always all, "QUIT PICKING YOUR BACON!" It drove him nuts.


I've learned to enjoy breakfast a little more. ESPECIALLY if cheese and cilantro are involved. And quite honestly, I usually eat these for lunch. 

Make a batch of homemade tortillas, fill them with roasted sweet potatoes, scrambled egg, and tons of feta and cilantro. 

I'm of the opinion that cheese and sweet potatoes (ok and cilantro) can be combined with just about everything and it will be delicious. 

I'm just sayin.

Scrambled Egg and Sweet Potato Breakfast Burritos

Ingredients:
3-4 large eggs
2 tbsp milk
salt and pepper, to taste
1 tbsp butter
1 large sweet potato, roasted
feta 
cilantro

Directions:
Combine the eggs and milk in a bowl and mix with a fork until combined. Add salt and pepper. Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add eggs and scramble until desired doneness. 

Warm the tortillas. Add a serving of sweet potato and scrambled egg. Garnish (heavily) with feta and cilantro. Makes 4-5 breakfast burritos. 

Add bacon to it. You know you want to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading this post. Now tell me what you think!!