Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Guacamole

My idea of vacation is laying at the pool in 95 degree weather and eating tortilla chips with fresh guacamole. Actually my first choice would be on a beach...but whatev.

We spent this last week in a condo at a lake. Ooohh..to be in the sun again. I haven't enjoyed heat and sun since before I was pregnant. This last week was hot, sunburnt, and just what I needed.

My son enjoyed many firsts this vacation. Including vacation itself!

He swam for the first time. He was pushed in a real swing for the first time. He saw a horse for the first time.

And he ate ice cream for the first time! He loved it.

Another thing my wonder child loves?

Guacamole. (he is his mother's child)

I have a serious thing for guacamole. Maybe it has to do with the cilantro...or garlic.

I don't know. If you can smash it and mix it with cilantro, jalapeño, garlic and freshly squeezed lime juice... That's my idea of yum.

Eat it with tortilla chips. Or on tacos. Or on anything.
Or on everything.

Or with a spoon.

Guacamole

Ingredients:
3 avocados, ripe
3-4 tbsp diced red onion
1 jalapeño, diced
Juice of 1/2 lime
Salt and pepper
Garlic powder (to taste)
Handful of cilantro

Directions:
Mash the avocado to desired consistency. Add remaining ingredients.

It's important to taste test throughout the process so you get the flavor you like. Sometimes it feels right to add less or more of one ingredient. Sometimes I toss in a couple tbsp of salsa. It's all about making it to taste. Make it so you like it. That's the most important part. :)

Don't wait for a reason to make guacamole. It's perfectly appropriate if it's midnight and your feeling munchy...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading this post. Now tell me what you think!!