Monday, June 11, 2012

Chicken Stuffed Croissants

I wish you could taste test through the internet.

I just don't think that anything I can say will do this recipe the justice it deserves. So you should be able to taste test. 

Someone get on that already.


These are seriously SOOOO good. Warm, gooey cheese mixed with chicken chunks, onion, and garlic stuffed inside a buttery, flakey croissant... You know you want a taste test.

Actually, just go in your kitchen and make them. 
Now. 

And then eat them all. 

This is one of those recipes that I'm pretty sure you just can't mess up. You really can't go wrong with stuffing delicious cheese mixtures into bread. 

And they are actually quite filling so I usually serve these as our main dish. However, I have made mini versions for a party once and everyone thought I was cool.

Or they were cool. 
I can't quite remember...


Serve these hot. 
Or cold. 

For lunch.
Or dinner.

In sickness. 
And in...Ok ok. I'm not going to say these are so good you should marry them. 
I mean, that would be crazy...

But seriously. 
Go. Make. Them. Now.

Chicken Stuffed Croissants

Ingredients:
2-3 chicken breasts, cooked and cut into chunks
1 small onion, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
2-3 tbsp butter
1 8oz. package cream cheese
2 cans buttery crescent rolls (regular size)
1 egg white mixed with 1 tsp water

Directions:
Preheat oven to 325 degrees.

In a skillet, melt butter and sautée onion and garlic until translucent and kind of caramely. Pour the onion, garlic, butter, and cooked chicken chunks over the cream cheese and mix. It is a lot easier to mix if you do it while it's hot. 

On a greased cookie sheet, spread the crescent rolls out. Pinch and seal two triangles together to create a rectangle. Repeat with remaining rolls. (Each package should make four large rectangles.)

Place a large spoonful on each dough square. Pull each corner to the top and seal. 

Once all the rolls are stuffed and sealed, brush a thin layer of the egg white mixture on each top. (I always sprinkle a little garlic salt and shredded parmesan on each one before baking, but that is completely optional.)

Bake 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. 

Recipe adapted from: Allrecipes.com

Just say "I do" already.




1 comment:

  1. My step-mom used to make these for us when I was a kid. It was my favorite thing she made. Soooo yummy! Thanks for reminding me of these. Now I want some! I totally agree...yummy cheese mixtures stuffed into bread...what could possibly go wrong with that! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading this post. Now tell me what you think!!