Monday, August 27, 2012

Tuna Cakes

I have like 20 other posts that are waiting to be published. But I made this tonight and it was so good I wanted to share it immediately.


We are seriously past grocery day and I was too lazy to go to the store, so I went to one of those websites where you put in all the ingredients you have in your fridge and it gives you recipe possibilities.

Well, needless to say....I have a ton of tuna and thought , "hey if this is gross I'll make tuna sandwiches."

So. Not. Gross.


The base of this recipe is literally tuna, eggs, and breadcrumbs...but that sounds seriously boring.
So I doctored it up a bit.


Please make this...someday when you are searching your cupboards looking for something other than crackers and water.

Try these tuna cakes. They are definitely going on my list of recipe staples.

Tuna Cakes

Ingredients:
2 cans tuna
2 eggs
3/4 cup home style stuffing
2 tsp. Dijon style mustard
3 tsp. Teriyaki sauce
2 garlic cloves, minced
Salt and pepper

Directions:
Mix all the ingredients in a bowl. Salt and pepper to taste. Form 4 tuna patties and fry in sesame oil (or any cooking oil, that's just what I had) until golden on both sides.

I served with brown rice and topped with sweet chili sauce. It was a slightly Asian tasting meal. Super tasty served this way.

Recipe inspired by: My Fridge Food


I kind of want to go make these right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading this post. Now tell me what you think!!