Saturday, April 28, 2012

Candied Orange

I've never been a huge fan of candied orange peel, but then again I had never made it myself. It really is just like candy. And seriously SO easy. I know a lot of people like it dipped in chocolate, so it would make a great gift recipe during the holidays. 

I made it to use in my lobster tails. (Recipe soon to follow.)
I could jabber on about candied orange, but there's really not much more to say. It's delicious. It's easy. 
Make some. 

Candied Orange

Ingredients:
3 navel oranges
2 cups of water
2 cups of sugar


Directions:
Cut the top and bottom from each orange. Cut the peel from each orange taking care not to ruin it and slice the peels into strips. Bring a pot of water to boil, reduce the heat to medium and cook the peels in boiling water for 15 minutes, drain and rinse.


Bring 2 cups of water and 1 cup of sugar to a boil over medium heat in a sauce pan. Add the peel, reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer until the peels are tender, about 45 minutes. Drain and toss the peels in the sugar. 


Drain the orange peels well. If you just throw them straight from the syrup into the sugar, the sugar will clump up. Place the peels on a cooling rack and let them sit until the coating is dry, anywhere from 24-48 hours.


Recipe from: Closet Cooking

It's oranges. So you can consider it healthy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading this post. Now tell me what you think!!