Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Ricotta Mini Cakes

Ricotta cookies. You wouldn't think that ricotta cheese would taste good in a cookie, but these things are amazing. A perfect balance of cookie and cake. And great served with coffee!
I'm having people over tonight and needed something quick and easy to serve. However, I have a 7 month old child who is teething something fierce so there was no way I was going to the store. Then I remembered that I had some left over ricotta in the fridge. If you have that, then you definitely have all the other ingredients you need.  

These cookies are super quick to throw together. Just mix the ingredients and drop onto a greased cookie sheet. It takes all of 10 minutes.

I'd suggest not making the glaze until all the cookies are done baking. I mixed it after the first batch came out, but by the time the last batch was ready the glaze was a little too thick. 

Dip the tops of each cookie in the glaze and let the glaze set. (And then lick the bowl) (And then eat a cookie)

Ricotta Mini Cakes

Ingredients
2-1/4 cups  all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/8 tsp salt
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
1 egg
1 cup ricotta
1 tsp vanilla extract

Glaze:
2 cups confectioners sugar
3 tbsp milk

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat two baking sheets with nonstick cooking spray. Whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together; set aside. Beat butter and granulated sugar together until blended. Add egg, ricotta and vanilla, beating until combined. On low speed, add flour mixture and beat until blended. 

Drop by tablespoonfuls onto prepared pans. Bake for 15 minutes or until lightly browned around edges. Let cool on sheets 3 minutes, then remove to rack to cool completely. 

Glaze: Beat confectioners sugar and milk together until well blended. Dip tops of cookies into glaze and set aside until glaze has hardened.

I'm not sure where this recipe came from. I pulled it out of a magazine years ago and copied it into my own recipe log. So, whoever came up with it -- I applaud you. 

1 comment:

  1. These look good! I wanna try and make these the next time I have a baking day! I pinned it! :)))

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading this post. Now tell me what you think!!