Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Caesar Pasta Salad

Ok this is how I feel about pasta salad: BORING!!



Seriously, it's all the same.
Don't get me wrong. Pasta salad has its place. It's a great summer side dish.

I'm just so over the same pasta salad at every single barbecue.
Pasta. Italian dressing. Pepperoni.



So when I was asked to bring a pasta salad to a summer party, I went searching for something NOT doused in italian dressing.

Ok. So this is doused in caesar dressing. BUT it's delicious. And it's different.



So next time you're asked to one of those "bring a dish to pass" summer gatherings, try this salad instead.

Caesar Pasta Salad

Ingredients:
1 16 oz box rotini pasta
1 1/2 cups creamy Caesar salad dressing
1 lemon, zest and juice
4 tbsp fresh parsley
1/2-1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
1 1/2 cup garlic croutons
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
Cook pasta according to directions on box. Drain and rise with cold water.
Combine salad dressing, lemon zest and juice, and parsley. Add pasta and remaining ingredients.
Serve chilled.

Note: I tossed extra caesar dressing on it right before I served, because no one likes a dry pasta salad. ;)

Recipe slightly adapted from: Sandra Lee

2 comments:

  1. OK serious yumtown happening here! I will try this A.S.A.P.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's delicious! When you make it let me know how it turns out :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading this post. Now tell me what you think!!