Sunday, September 9, 2012

Chocolate Chunk Oreo Chunk Chocoholic Cookies

Oh hi! Remember that time when I told you I was pregnant? 


Ya. These are pregnant lady cookies. 
Meaning these are "I don't care if it's 10 o'clock at night. I need chocolate cookies now!" cookies. 


And the truth is, I feel like these pictures are kind of crap. 

They just don't do these cookies justice. 
Because everything about these cookies makes a pregnant lady happy. 

So that's a good cookie. 

Chocolate Chunk Oreo Chunk Chocoholic Cookies

Ingredients:
2 sticks butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
2 cups flour
1 cup cocoa powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/2 cup chocolate chunks
10 slightly crushed oreos (the original recipe calls for 20, but I only had 10...add however much you want)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350.

Stir together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl and set aside. 

Cream together butter and sugar until fluffy. Beat eggs in one at a time until blended. Add vanilla and beat until mixed. With the mixer on low, slowly add flour mixture until fully combined. Stir in the chocolate chunks and oreos. 

Drop by teaspoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 9 minutes. They will look slightly undone, but leave them on the sheet for a couple minutes before moving them to cooling racks. Overbaked chocolate cookies are no good. 

Makes 4-5 dozen cookies. 

Recipe slightly adapted from: Confessions of a Cookbook Queen


Also, like I said, it was 10 o'clock at night and I had to make so many adaptions to this recipe that I didn't even know if it would turn out...so I wasn't really planning for pictures. But SO delish they were!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading this post. Now tell me what you think!!